martes, 24 de enero de 2012

Santiago and I

Last summer I heard that Santiago was one of the better cities for holidays according to an important newspaper that I can´t remember in this moment and I was like plop! I thought: “Why!? It’s so horrible and hot”. But now, even when I still thinking like that, I see that actually Santiago has its charm. When you know it, it’s kind of adorable, because of the diversity of people, environments and activities.

First of all, I think that I must clear this change of opinion. I used to hate Santiago, I mean; I’m from Curicó, where the longest distances are 20 minutes apart everywhere and then everything is country. And suddenly I came here: "the grey city". I didn’t know how to use metro and Transantiago. I was scared about going out alone because of the thieves and also, last semester I was living in Estación Central, right next to the bus station and it was really awful, very noisy, pollute and disgusting and for all those things and many more that I can´t mention here I was so miserable there.

Oddly, when those problems were solved (maybe because now I live in Ñuñoa and everything is so different: greener and more peaceful). I kind of change my mind: I learned to love Santiago, especially the theaters, museums, malls, galleries, concerts and all the cultural activities that here we have, like Santiago a Mil that is fantastic! I love it!

If a tourist asks me where to go, I would recommend him the most perfect and representative places of the city like the old quarter, Santa Lucia and San Cristobal hills, some museums, theaters, Plaza Ñuñoa and restaurants in the Central Market.

Anyway, I think that this city needs desperately less people and cars and more trees and cycle paths, but I guess that I’m just dreaming, don´t you think?

5 comentarios:

  1. The place where you live make the different, even in the same Santiago! Anyway, I don't would to live in this city the rest of my life

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Great! That you've come to know and move in Santiago c:

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I agree Santiago in the summer is the worse :P

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Santiago has good things and bad things, but like any place. It is true that in summer the city is so hot, but there are many places to go out and visit, you can go to "Santiago a Mil" or go to the museums, art galleries and cultural centers of the capital. This is what I do in the summer.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. i agree that santiago is a hot place in summer, but there are many activities, like Santiago a mil and more, that makes this an interesting place to visit in summer :)

    ResponderEliminar